Job title: Revenue Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA is seeking a qualified candidate to coordinate and ensure accurate entry of financial data in the donor information database. This person will be essential in the role of processing and coordination of day to day incoming revenue with the Revenue Processing Team. The candidate will ensure all donor information provided is accurately entered into the database following established standards, protocols, and policies. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Records gift, pledges and pledge payments as directed by gift designation.
- Acts as a resource for financial questions.
- Makes demographic changes to donor profiles as identified by processing most recent donations.
- Handles batch review, balance batch, proof entry and commit gift batches.
- Prepares and makes daily bank deposits.
- Handles donation processing and downloading of donor information from the IRUSA website.
- Works internally to resolve data discrepancies and/or data.
- Researches missing information or clarification and maintains necessary source documentation.
- Works with Field staff to ensure donations are properly coded and calculated.
- Processes monthly gifts and special event gifts, include credit card and direct debit (EFT) functions.
- Produces various reports pertaining to the gift entry process, including departmental “Batch-Edit,” “Gift Validation,” and “Commit Control” reports.
- Organizes, coordinates and maintains the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
- Collects daily donations received by Finance Office; evaluates sorts, distributes and total all donations made to on a daily basis for revenue daily reporting.
- Creates and maintains shared electronic departmental revenue files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate or BS degree in Accounting, business or related field.
- Internet familiarity and strong mathematical ability in order to prepare financial reports and interpret data and perform a variety of mathematical calculations required.
- Must be proficient and highly accurate in database entry.
- Must possess strong computer skills and the ability to become proficient in The Raiser’s Edge database.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task day-to-day work challenges.
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends as needed.
- Two-three years of experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Prior data entry and cash handling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising software programs preferred.
- Experience with Convio, Salesforce CRM or Raiser’s Edge software database preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook and Word preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail preferred.