RAMADAN 2020!

Accepting applications for the for the 2020 Ramadan Food Box Project and Ramadan Food Pantry Grants.

2020 Ramadan Food Box Project:

The Ramadan Food Box Project provides food to families in need during the month of Ramadan. IRUSA facilitates the procurement and creation of 40 lbs food boxes. Each food box contains a sufficient amount of food for a family of five for two weeks and consists of basic food staples such as flour, sugar, and pasta. The food boxes are distributed nationwide via service partnerships with community-based non-profit organizations. Partner organizations enter a service agreement with IRUSA to accept the delivery of an agreed-upon quantity of boxes that will serve a local community during the month of Ramadan. 

2020 Ramadan Food Pantry Grant:

The Ramadan Food Pantry Grant provides food to individuals and families in need during the month of Ramadan. This program is implemented through grant partnerships with community-based non-profit organizations that operate food pantries in the United States. IRUSA provides grant funding to approved applicants in the amount of $10,000, maximum. Of grant funds used, 90% should be allocated for food items to serve the local community. The remaining 10% may be used for operational costs. The grant funding must be used during the month of Ramadan to serve communities facing food insecurity. 

2020 Ramadan Food Box and Food Pantry Grant Application Information:

Organizations may submit one application for either the Ramadan Food Box Project or the Ramadan Food Pantry Grant.

 

Grant Application Opens: January 17, 2020 at 5 PM EST

Grant Application Closes: January 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST 

 

2020 Ramadan Food Box and Food Pantry Grant applications can be found https://grants-irusa.submittable.com/submit

 

Applicants will need the following to apply: 

  • A free Submittable account in order to access the applications
  • IRS TAX ID 501(c)(3) documentation 
  • Certificate of good standing 
  • Staff information (template provided in the application)
  • Project Budget (Ramadan Food Pantry application only, template provided in the application)
  • Other general organizational information may be required

 

The application will take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to complete if all documents are prepared. 

US Grants and Unified Seasonal Events applications will open on February 3, 2020. Details will be posted in the coming weeks. 

Please contact US Programs at usprograms@irusa.org for any questions or concerns regarding the applications. 

Thank you for joining us during our What Applicants Need to Know: 2020 US Grants Application Launch Webinar!

If you missed it, please find the recording here.

Resources for your grant application

Applicants will need the following to apply: 

  • A free Submittable account in order to access the applications
  • IRS TAX ID 501(c)(3) documentation 
  • Certificate of good standing 
  • Staff information (template provided in the application)
  • Project Budget (Ramadan Food Pantry application only, template provided in the application)
  • Other general organizational information may be required