Job Title: National Volunteer Resources Coordinator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA) is seeking a detail-oriented task driven individual to join our team as the National Volunteer Resources Coordinator based in our headquarters located in Alexandria VA. This position is responsible for providing support to IRUSA ‘s Volunteer Department. This candidate assists with posting volunteer opportunities, managing the database, performing various administrative tasks, and provides resources internally and externally relating to IRUSA’s registered volunteer network. The candidate must show a commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and adjusts volunteer records to ensure data accuracy as well as audits on volunteer hours.
- Act as data custodian for the volunteer department to ensure all necessary data including historical volunteer data is displayed and current for management to access as well as creates reports (standard and custom) to assist in strategic decisions.
- Utilizes email marketing tools to create/implement campaigns on behalf of the volunteer department and internal staff.
- Monitors responses and email analytics to enhance the overall VMO communication strategy.
- Creates, edits, and publishes Salesforce volunteer opportunities.
- Monitors all volunteer department best practices, procedures, and protocols in volunteer associated activities and proactively works to ensure adherence to protocols and procedures including all volunteer engagement strategies and background checks.
- Reviews and edits volunteer content to make sure it aligns with IRUSA’s mission, vision, campaign themes, and brand, and maintains IRUSA Volunteer Department’s writing style.
- Assists in developing volunteer recognition strategies and best practices as well as supporting documentation such as certifications, awards, and volunteer hour verification forms.
- Act as liaison with the marketing department to process marketing materials, promo items, web page contention, social media, and other relevant marketing/communication materials.
- Assists with implementing engagement opportunities and programs for volunteers, including but not limited to planning and resource development of national campaigns (Ex: Meal Packs, Lean on Me, Eid Toy Drive, etc.)
- Develop and assess training procedures, protocol, and curriculum to enhance staff and volunteer experiences as well as provide technical support and troubleshooting.
- Monitors and responds to volunteer and staff general inquiries through email or phone.
- Provides necessary regional support for national initiatives/programs or in situations where regional coordinators are absent/unavailable.
- Attends events on behalf of the Volunteer Management Office when needed.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Able to work weekends and travel when needed
- Experience in the field of volunteering or volunteer management preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and analytical skills.
- Salesforce CRM experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of volunteer management.
- Able to use computers and program related software proficiently including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability empower others.
- Must possess the ability to self-manage multiple priorities, using strong time management skills that are complex in nature.
- Able to use and understand social media for outreach purposes.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.