Job Title: Volunteer Engagement Specialist
Location: Dallas, TX
Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA) is seeking an excited, vibrant, and outgoing Volunteer Engagement Specialist for the Dallas, TX office. This position is responsible for providing support to IRUSA regional offices and volunteers. The Volunteer Engagement Specialist assists in recruitment, coordination, and engagement of volunteers for organizational needs. The candidate must show a commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements engagement opportunities and programs for volunteers.
- Implements volunteer program and develops necessary changes.
- Exhibit an outgoing and vibrant personality while working with volunteers.
- Assists in recruitment of volunteers for support work and recommends assignments that will make the best use of volunteers’ skills.
- Attends regional chapter events on behalf of Volunteer Management Office.
- Surveys volunteer engagement and provides feedback to regional IRUSA staff.
- Assists with managing volunteers for regional projects and events.
- Compiles and maintains volunteer records as well as online databases.
- Identifies regional volunteer opportunities.
- Identifies potential service project partners and serves as liaison to national office.
- Assists on implementation of policies and procedures for the volunteer department and instruct local staff on best practices.
- Educates volunteers of best practices and risk management.
- Provides standard orientation and assist with onboarding for all new regional volunteers.
- Assists in conducting training programs for volunteers.
- Maintains database, volunteer time records and applications for assigned region.
- Implements volunteer recognition and appreciation events for assigned region.
- Provides guidance, training, and supports staff working with volunteers.
- Follows up with potential volunteer emails and phone calls.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- 2 years of experience in the field of volunteering or volunteer management preferred.
- Able to work weekends and travel when needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and analytical skills.
- Salesforce CRM experience desired.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of volunteer management.
- Able to use computers and program related software proficiently including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability empower others.
- Must possess the ability to self-manage multiple priorities, using strong time management skills that are complex in nature.
- Able to use and understand social media for outreach purposes.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.