£25 will provide hygiene kits to 25 refugees
£60 will provide food packs to 30 refugees
£100 will provide coats/blankets to 10 refugees this winter
Over 4 years of civil unrest in Syria has created the worst humanitarian disaster since the end of the Second World War. Over 12 million Syrians inside the country are in urgent need of assistance, while millions have escaped, seeking safety in other countries.
Four million Syrian refugees in urgent need
There are over four million Syrian refugees in Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Turkey, many of whom are in urgent need of assistance. Over 367,000 people have also dared to make the dangerous journey to Europe by sea this year, often putting their lives at stake. There are over 1,500 refugees arriving into Europe daily, many of whom are children and women.
Syrian refugees face an uncertain future. They need your help. Please donate now to Islamic Relief’s refugee appeal. The funds will allow us to respond quickly and support those who’ve left everything behind just to stay alive.
Alhamdulillah thanks to your generosity, we have been quick on the ground and been able to reach over 2 million refugees in Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq, while supporting tens of thousands of refugees across Europe.
Our response at a glance:
– Provided 230,801 Syrian refugees in Jordan with food, with either food vouchers, Ramadan food packs or fresh Qurbani
– Provided 12,689 Syrian refugees in Jordan with vital healthcare
– Provided 143,610 Syrian refugees in Lebanon with non-food items including shelter, mattresses, blankets and hygiene kits
– Worked with 1,300 Syrian school children in Lebanon to receive psychosocial support
– Provided food to 74,700 refugees in Iraq
– Provided health and hygiene promotion for 65,000 Syrian refugees in Domiz Camp, Iraq
– Provided over 10,000 food packs to refugees in Lesvos, Greece
– Assisted over 37,800 refugees in Lesvos with cultural mediation services and translation
– Provided over 60,000 refugees in Albania with food packs
– Distributed 12,000 blankets to refugees in Albania
– Approximately 5,000 Eid gifts given to refugee children across 6 different cities in Germany