Job Title: National Events Assistant
Status: Full-time (temporary)
Division: Fund Development
Location: All IR USA Regional Offices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The National Events Assistant provides administrative support and helps maintain all activities that are related to the National Events Division.
- Manage calendar, meetings and correspondence for Assistant Director of National Events.
- Assist in coordinating National events, travels, convention booths, guest speaker tours, concert tours, travel, meetings and any fundraising events.
- Complete and maintain records of documents, including financial details, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Take meeting minutes, organize them in our database, and organize multiple tasks while following up on pending action items.
- Inspects and critically evaluates meeting space, lodging and related venues and services.
- Selects key suppliers, prepares budgets, obtains and assists the National Events team in executing contracts in compliance with IRUSA’s policies and process payments.
- Serves as an advisor in obtaining quotes and analyzing and recommending the most productive, cost-effective venues with consistently high standard of quality and service formats for meetings and events.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with resource and service providers, including: hotels, transportation companies, caterers, entertainment companies, audio/visual companies, etc.
- Assists in site negotiations with major local vendors.
- Evaluates and selects outside contractors and vendors who can provide quality products and services at the lowest possible prices, ensuring availability when needed.
- Evaluates vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service.
- Develops proposals for potential events and programs.
- Works with Legal to execute legally approved contracts with vendors, sponsors, and venues.
- Create Islamic School Campaign Nationally, while maintaining database and providing proper follow up.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum of two-year College degree preferred, High School degree or equivalent required
- Must have 1-2 years of experience in organizing events and administrative duties.
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills; must be professional, courteous and efficient with donors, volunteers and staff
- Strong administrative experience and background.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and work independently
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Web research, Outlook
- Strong attention to detail, time management, networking and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in creating and managing multiple event budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives.
- Travel required.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.