JOB TITLE: Marketing Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
PURPOSE OF JOB ROLE:
The Marketing Project Coordinator is responsible for planning and managing all marketing projects, ensuring high quality and timely delivery. The coordinator will also assist teams within the division with scheduling outreach activities and events and will provide assistance in managing any related contact databases, production schedules, vendor research and vetting, and deliverables. This position will serve as a liaison between the Marketing Department and its clients. The position will also require some administrative support to the head of Marketing. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages marketing deliverables to ensure workflow, timeline, effective production, and branding standards.
- Supervises the progress of all projects worked on by the marketing teams.
- Serves as the primary point of contact of the marketing team for clients and vendors, and acts as a liaison with internal and external clients regarding all requests.
- Provides guidance and training as necessary for clients when submitting requests.
- Maintains consistent communication with director on departmental projects and ensure projects are reviewed before dissemination to clients.
- Assists director and managers of the department with daily team and production administration and project prioritization.
- Gathers organization programmatic and media information in a data structure.
- Overseas production schedule and communication with vendors and printers.
- Completes financial paperwork for department expenses and track expenses.
- Manages meeting action items, schedules and coordinate all department retreats.
- Manages all department calendars for staff.
- Gathers media as needed i.e.: photos, videos etc.
- Assists team in developing content i.e.: Blogs, articles and web content.
- Conducts research needed by marketing team.
- Manages data and files structure for all marketing documents.
- Reviews, activates, assigns staff, and works with clients on material requests sent via online portal.
- Handles administrative duties and support to marketing staff.
- Manages all marketing collateral that is being stored in warehouse.
- Researches promotional items.
- Creates reporting and analysis for management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Management, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- 1-2 years experience in a related role.
- Proven successes in project management.
- Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with an acute attention to detail.
- Proficiency in marketing and advertising principles and tactics, especially for fundraising and engagement channels.
- Excellent conversationalist and comfortable with public speaking.
- Understanding of marketing principles and related consumer psychology strategies.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges.
- Exhibits sound decision-making, prioritizes work appropriately, and requires minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach.
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure.
- Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary.
- Outgoing, energetic, and self-motivated.
- Fluency in English.
- Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- At least one year working in a nonprofit environment
- Prior project management experience
- PMP certification
- Photography, videography, and social media admin skills a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Spanish, Turkish
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign
- Experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce