As the Senate and White House struggle to avert a government shutdown, US disaster victims from Puerto Rico to Texas worry a deal on relief and recovery aid will continue to be delayed.
25 YEARS TOGETHER
A Jewish and an Islamic aid agency have joined forces to assist refugees in Greece. The U.S.-based HIAS and IRUSA will work together in Athens and on Lesbos
The partnership will ensure that vulnerable refugees in Greece benefit from legal assistance, strategic litigation, and advocacy to advance refugee rights.
HIAS and Islamic Relief USA will set up centers in Athens and on the island of Lesbos.
- Volunteering in the Spirit of Martin Luther King Day Brought Out the Best in All January 19, 2018
- Survival Is Important, but so Is Livelihood January 12, 2018
- Reality Can Be Disturbing…Even for Humanitarian Organizations like Ours December 27, 2017
- Islamic Relief President Praises Support from Fellow Organizations December 19, 2017
- On the Road with the Promise for Palestine Tour December 8, 2017