2020 ISLAMIC RELIEF GOLF CLASSIC
Join us for an Islamic Relief Charity Golf Tournament to support local DC area homeless and low-income families as part of Islamic Relief USA’s Day of Dignity
Format: 4-Person Team Scramble
Check-In & Range: 7:30am
Start: 8:30am (Shotgun Start)
Registration Deadline: October 15, 2020
Team Prizes: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
Individual Prizes: Longest Drive, Closest to the Pin, and Hole in One Prize
Prizes include: Free Hajj Trip, Free Trip to IRUSA International Turkey challenge, Free rounds of golf and much more!!
Individual – $99
Foursome – $375
Includes cart & lunch
SCRAMBLE FORMAT: 4-person team scramble. Lowest team scores over 18 holes will determine the winners.
NOTE: If you do not enter a 4-person team, you will be placed on a team with other golfers.
METHOD OF PLAY
1. Each group will select a team captain prior to teeing off.
2. Play begins with each member of the group teeing off on the black tees.
3. With the agreement of the other members of the group, the team captain decides which drive is the most desirable.
4. The other members of the group pick up their balls and proceed to the spot of the selected drive, where they will hit their second shots.
5. The best of the second shots is then chosen. The group will then hit their third shots (or putts) from that spot.
6. This procedure continues until the ball is in the hole.
7. At the end of each hole, the single score for the group is recorded on the card.
8. For scoring purposes, each player’s drive must be used at least twice during the tournament.
9. Place balls within one club length of the original ball.
10. In placing the ball, you may not change the condition of the shot. If the ball is in a hazard or rough, all members of the team must play their shot from the hazard or rough, respectively.
11. On the putting green, place the ball within 3 inches of the original ball, and such that it is no closer to the hole than the original.
12. On the putting green, give each person a shot at the first putt. Do not hole out a short putt if you have missed your first putt. The first ball in must count. Mark your ball and wait.
13. If playing as a threesome, one member of the threesome may, on a rotational basis, hit or putt an extra time to compensate for the fourth person.
14. Each player will start with one mulligan. Additional mulligans can be bought before the round for $5, which will go to charity. Mulligans must be announced to the team captain and cannot be withdrawn once hit.
15. No handicap scoring will be used at this tournament.
16. In the event of a tie no playoff holes will be played and the tournament organizers will determine the top three team
17. Individual registrants can indicate preferred teammates, otherwise the organizers will determine team placement
Want to be a sponsor? Contact Salman Zaman for details of tournament sponsorship