Job Title: US Programs Intern
Status: Part-time, unpaid, 20-30 hours per week
Duration: 9 Weeks (June 14 – Aug 13 2021)
This position serves as a supporting role in the analysis and improvement of the US Programs’ Healthcare Network. The US Programs Intern will complete a 9 week internship and obtain an overarching view into the humanitarian sector by participating in IRUSA collaborative work, crossing multiple departments and external stakeholders.
Additionally, the US Programs intern will assist in analyzing surveys and creating new ones, analyzing reports, researching applicants and healthcare disparity, while also engaging with the healthcare network partners. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the mission and vision of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of initial survey sent to healthcare network applicants to identify trends and common themes and create a new in-depth survey based upon learnings
- Analyze our current healthcare network’s reach and impact using the metrics provide
- Research the reach and impact of applicants to the healthcare network using the metrics provided
- Assist in aspects of the planning and execution of a healthcare network virtual convening
- Conduct research on healthcare disparity in the United States, with a focus on lack of access to healthcare in regions that we operate in
- Organize qualitative and quantitative data to create visual summaries of program impact
- Compile written reports to summarize finding from research and analysis
- Communicate and engage with healthcare partners on reporting and surveys
- Perform other duties as assigned, time and capacity permitting
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program
- Interest in addressing inequity and poverty in vulnerable communities in the US
- Strong research and analytical skills to filter through survey and application data
- Ability to meet deadlines and objectives in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically proficient in Microsoft office, Google Suite
To apply, please send your resume to Intern@irusa.org and include the position title in the subject of your email.