Job Title: Safeguarding Intern
Status: Jan-May 2021 (flexibility in start/end date); 10 hours per week
Department: Business Services
The primary role of the Safeguarding Intern is to work closely with the Safeguarding and Compliance Advisor to support the training, education, and sector analysis of safeguarding for the organizational safeguarding efforts. This will include interacting with, researching, and documenting peer organization materials, training, and education documents and assisting in building a support hub to display information and training in an intuitive and useful way. Additionally, the Safeguarding Intern may work with the Safeguarding and Compliance Advisor to improve the knowledge management of resources for HQ teams through the collection, cataloging, and organization of materials on internal platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Safeguarding Intern will be involved in a variety of projects, including:
- Researching and maintain and up to date catalog of relevant educational materials
- Work closely with the Safeguarding and Compliance Advisor to plan, research, analyze, and execute the development of a support hub for staff
- Work closely with the Safeguarding and Compliance Advisor to create safeguarding education materials for various departments based on need
- Other related duties as assigned and interested
At the end of the designated period, the intern will:
- Learn about the safeguarding framework within IRUSA and the work of the technical staff.
- Develop an understanding of the challenges and opportunities present in building up organizational safeguarding.
- Execute on at least one deliverable to be included as part of the organization’s safeguarding framework.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Graduate student pursuing a degree focusing on public health, humanitarian assistance, global health, or another relevant field
- Willingness to learn about safeguarding, child protection, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) in the humanitarian and development sectors.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication abilities across a diverse team of staff
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with thorough attention to detail
- Flexible and able to prioritize and juggle competing priorities
- This is an unpaid and remote internship position.
To apply, please send your resume to Intern@irusa.org and include the position title in the subject of your email.