Job Title: Partner Services Specialist
Location: Richardson, TX, Palos Hills, IL or Dearborn, MI preferred
Islamic Relief USA is seeking a Partner Services Specialist to lead capacity-strengthening initiatives with IRUSA’s US-based partners. The Partner Services Specialist provides leadership within the IRUSA Programs Department for strengthening capacity and excellence in service among IRUSA grantees through peer to peer knowledge-sharing, capacity support and network-building. He or she will be responsible for assessing partner needs through a consultative process, fostering cross-network communication, and periodically convening grantee partners. He or she will design and develop policies, protocols and operational practices related to network support, as well as written standards. The position reports to and works closely with the Associate Director of US Programs, and collaborates closely with US program staff. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategy for forging and maintaining network relationships among a diverse group of US program grantees.
- Design and implement trainings, workshops, and seminars intended to promote peer-to-peer learning and technical assistance, covering topics such as nonprofit management, service delivery models, financial sustainability and fundraising techniques, and sector-specific standards of excellence.
- Develop a clearinghouse of promising practices, lessons learned, tools and methodologies, and other resources internal and external to the network.
- Identify issues and challenges of concern to specific sectors of the IRUSA network, and work with network participants to develop programmatic or advocacy responses and coalition strategies.
- Identify resource opportunities of relevance to the networks.
- Contribute to IRUSA planning and coordination activities.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Relevant educational background; bachelor’s degree minimum, a graduate degree and/or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2 – 4 years in the US nonprofit sector in a national or regional cross-sector role, with an acute understanding of the opportunities and constraints of the non-profit operating environment.
- Professional technical experience in the area of network support, capacity-building for nonprofit organizations, and adult learning.
- A proven track record in developing policies, protocols and operational procedures that are responsive to business demands and quality standards.
- Highly effective interpersonal and oral communications skills; the ability to quickly establish relationships, make connections, and manage conflict.
- Experience in designing and executing training events; peer-to-peer adult training experience preferred.
- Excellent written communications skills with fluency in business English.
- Systems-level analytical ability and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities that are complex in nature.
- Proven ability to exhibit cultural competence and sensitivity to work with people with a wide array of backgrounds.
- Ability to travel within the United States.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.