Job title: Multimedia Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
The Multimedia Specialist is responsible for helping house, archive, organize, and produce and edit multi-channel multimedia, including videos, motion graphics, HTML-5 products, animations, photographs, etc. The Multimedia Specialist works under the supervision of the Multimedia Manager, and works to ensure that multimedia assets adhere to IRUSA’s aesthetic, brand, voice, and policy, and follow industry best practices. The Multimedia Specialist uses her/his skills to creatively, efficiently, and effectively build and broadcast multimedia that tell visual humanitarian stories that stimulate engagement with target audiences, and inspire donations; contributes to multi-channel campaign development; and assists with training staff and volunteers on multimedia use. This candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s values, ethics, brand, vision, and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes, produces, proofs, edits and/or otherwise assists with multimedia tasks and products, including (but not limited to) multi-channel videos, photographs, PowerPoint presentations, HTML-5, motion graphics, virtual reality, scripts, booth elements, and audio clips from pre-production to editing to final products delivered on or before due dates.
- Under the direction of the Multimedia Manager, participates in the development of strategies and solutions for multimedia creation that are data-driven and work to amplify SEO, and that are optimized for diverse platforms (ex. desktop, tablet, phone)
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders/teams to brainstorm, produce, implement, and/or audit/analyze marketing campaigns and their relevant elements to ensure synergy and cohesion of products, and to make sure that products reflect client’s and/or corporate culture and goals.
- Works with Multimedia Manager to ensure adherence to brand, mission, vision, campaign themes, subject-protection policy, redlines, accuracy, etc. as applicable to multimedia products throughout organization.
- Works with Communication Coordinator and manager as necessary to ensure clear communication and stellar customer service with clients regarding the production and delivery of requests.
- Helps coordinate domestic and international field visits (including travel, prep work, scheduling, coordination with photography/videography consent acquisition, etc.) to capture media and content for marketing use.
- Works independently or with a crew to film on-location or in-studio.
- Helps maintains photo/video-housing social media, including Youtube, Vimeo, and Flickr.
- Seeks out, shares, and implements recommendations for marketing, communications, and multimedia-related resources, products, best-practices, trends, etc., as approved.
- Maintains the housing, organizing, archiving of all multimedia related items, historical and current.
- Maintains all multimedia-related equipment, including camera equipment, VR technology, corresponding computers and software, drones, the IRUSA studio, etc.
- Seeks out and participates in viable, efficient, and effective training to advance skill set and work performance as approved by manager.
- Supports design team with related projects and tasks when able and as approved by manager.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree or higher in Multimedia, Video Production, or related field
- 1-2 years work experience in a related multimedia creative role
- Portfolio of effective multimedia product samples that show both marketing and reporting-styles of work
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe PowerPoint, and Google Slides
- Strong video and photo shooting, filming, and editing skills
- Novice to intermediate photography/videography directorial skills
- Intermediate to advanced HTML 5 skills
- Proficiency in both MAC and Windows environments
- Experience in typography and graphic design
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges
- Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
- Exhibits sound decision making, prioritizes work appropriately and requires minimal supervision
- Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills
- Ability to work well with multiple work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure
- Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- At least a year of work in a nonprofit environment
- Experience with video and photo-house social media platforms, like Youtube
- Experience working with WordPress templates
- Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Suite