Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Status: Regular, full-time
Division: Information Technology
Location: Alexandria, VA
The IT Support Specialist will provide first-level end-user technical support and administration for PC hardware and software, telecommunications, email, data-storage and backup. The job also includes configuring and installing desktop PCs, resolving hardware/software issues, troubleshooting connectivity issues, and ensuring user satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as first point of contact and responds to user requests for problem resolution related to hardware, software, printing, telecommunication systems, and other related equipment and applications.
- Builds, repairs, upgrades, and maintains PCs, including installation of various software and peripherals●
- Development and implementation of system upgrades and patch schedules.
- Basic networking hardware and software troubleshooting and configuration.
- Understanding of basic network protocols and log files, such as, but not limited to: TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, CAM, ARP, VOIP, BGP.
- Possess basic understanding of power over Ethernet, networking segmentation, firewalls, switching.
- Maintains and administers email, data-storage, VoIP systems.
- Provides general training to end users through new user orientation.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software if necessary.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Familiar with IT Service Desk technology and SLA Management.
- Educated on various Customer Relationship Management tools with the ability to quickly learn and use them to fulfill associated staff requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology preferred. Relevant equivalent experience preferred.
- General knowledge of electronics, PC architecture, PC operating systems, Microsoft Office, Wireless Mobile Devices and associated applications, telephones, networking and email systems.
- Knowledge of PC hardware required.
- Demonstrated expertise in Remote Desktop Management, PC troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance, printer troubleshooting.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills required; ability to maintain a customer-service focus and attitude at all times.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.