Job Title: IT Security Analyst Intern
Status: Flexibility in start date; 5-15 hours per week (6-8 weeks)
Department: Information Technology
Location: Alexandria, VA
IRUSA is seeking an intern with some experience or education in the field of Cyber Security
to assist in the Information Technology Department. This unpaid volunteer position is based
at IRUSA’s office in Alexandria, VA. The selected candidate will work closely with our IT
Security Specialist to further the mission of Islamic Relief USA by securing our network
environment by participating in initiatives or tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Firewall Configuration
● Cyber Threat Research
● Vulnerability and Patch Management
● Identity and Access Review
● Phishing Testing Implementation
Qualifications and Competencies:
● Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security Systems or related field
● Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on all upstream and downstream
applications, systems, and processes
● Attention to detail (especially with data entry and report accuracy)
● Able to work collaboratively and independently
● Ability to prioritize and multitask is essential.
● Solid analytical and problem-solving skills are preferred.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
To apply you must send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the
subject of your email.