Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA is seeking an Operations Coordinator who is responsible for operational functions in the office. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates day-to-day facilities management functions in and around the office.
- Assists with specific facilities vendor and service provider relations.
- Responsible for receiving packages and materials for storage and/or distribution.
- Organizes and maintains warehouse/loading dock space.
- Assists with set-up and break down for organizational events and activities.
- Assists with preparing office and cubical space for staff.
- Driving duties: pick up and drop off IRUSA staff/guests.
- In charge of picking up supplies from local vendors.
- Coordinate freight shipments for various projects.
- Serves as a back-up for Front Desk Admin.
- Supports Operations Manager on various projects.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred
- Minimum one-year customer service experience.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications skills.
- Some technical knowledge a plus.
- Effective written communications skills in email correspondence and memorandums.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Cultural sensitivity in working with a wide array of ethnicities.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have a car for pick up and drop off errands.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.