Job title: Donor Specialist
Status: Part-time (temporary)
Division: Fund Development
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA is seeking qualified candidates to coordinate stewardship activities designed to increase awareness of and support for Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA). This person will help develop relationships between donors and IRUSA and coordinate with relevant departments within the organization. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes correspondences; answers telephone calls; responds to email requests; sends welcome packages and top donor thank-you packages; etc.
- Secures and records new donor data from event registration.
- Creates and maintains data that accurately detail the full record of donor transactions and relationships.
- Acknowledges gifts and pledges in a timely manner.
- Ensures that donors are properly receipted for their gifts as needed.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department for gift reconciliation; correct channeling of funds; invoicing and periodic reconciliation of accounts relating to donor stewardship.
- Maintains pledge reminder schedule (in collaboration with Finance).
- Engages in prospect research activities on behalf of IRUSA.
- Serves as organizational expert in using the customer relationship management system to utilize reporting and other functionalities to system’s potential.
- Identifies donor issues and addressed them through resolution and follow-up.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates them to supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work.
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Fluency in English, with bilingual skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both verbal and written.
- High-caliber customer service abilities, with the ability to represent the organization in a very positive manner.
- Must exhibit attention to detail and effective problem-solving skills.
- Should be self-directed, yet still comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to work autonomously in a changing environment while keeping supervisors appraised of problems, opportunities, progress and other issues.
- Must possess appreciation for and aptitude in creating donor stewardship processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Word.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.