Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Alexandria, VA
Division: Finance & Administration
Islamic Relief USA is a highly respected international humanitarian relief and development organization. The Database Analyst will maintain data storage; assess database design; and gather, organize, and interpret statistical information based on the data in the database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees database development and modification efforts.
- Designs and implements secure, efficient, and accurate databases.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge of data storage and management best practices.
- Ensures that databases are designed to meet specifications and requirements at the lowest possible costs.
- Ensures that database projects are completed on time and within estimated costs.
- Develops and maintains documentation and standards.
- Identifies and resolves production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities.
- Gathers, organizes, and interprets statistical data from the database to provide reports to, and answer questions from, upper management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of computer languages used within database.
- Understanding of database design and construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- At least one-year experience in Data Processing.