JOB TITLE: Creative and Brand Specialist
STATUS: Full-time, temporary
LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
The Creative and Brand Specialist is responsible for helping house, archive, organize, and produce and edit multi-channel design work, including logos, icons, brand visuals, fonts, campaign aesthetics and style guides, brochures, ads, booths, publications, multimedia, etc. The Creative and Brand Specialist works under the supervision of the Creative and Brand Manager, and works to ensure that design and multimedia assets adhere to IRUSA’s aesthetic, brand, voice, and policy, and follow industry best practices. The Creative and Brand Specialist uses her/his skills to creatively, efficiently, and effectively build and broadcast design and multimedia products that tell visual humanitarian stories that stimulate engagement with target audiences, and inspire donations, as well as to successfully market events, campaigns, and products; contributes to multi-channel campaign development; and assists with training staff and volunteers on design and multimedia production, and related software use. This candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s values, ethics, brand, vision, and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualizes, produces, proofs, edits and/or otherwise assists with creative products, including (but not limited to) campaign aesthetics; typography; print and online marketing materials and ads; infographics; donor reports and seasonal publications, including Partnership and Annual Report; direct mail pieces; promotional items; booths; multimedia pieces, including video, photography, virtual reality, audio clips, scripts, motion graphics, HTML-5 products, animations, and slides; and branded vehicles from pre-production to editing to final products delivered on or before the due dates.
- Under the direction of the Creative and Brand Manager, participates in the development of strategies and solutions for design creation that are data-driven and work to amplify SEO, and that are optimized for diverse platforms (ex. desktop, tablet, phone)
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders/teams to brainstorm, produce, implement, and/or audit/analyze marketing campaigns and their relevant elements to ensure synergy and cohesion of products, and to make sure that products reflect client’s and/or corporate culture and goals.
- Helps coordinate domestic and international field visits (including travel, prep work, scheduling, coordination with photography/videography consent acquisition, etc.) to capture media and content for marketing use.
- Works independently or with a crew to film on-location or in-studio.
- Helps maintains photo/video-housing social media, including Youtube, Vimeo, and Flickr.
- Works with Creative and Brand Manager to ensure adherence to brand, mission, vision, campaign themes, subject-protection policy, redlines, accuracy, etc. as applicable to design and multimedia products throughout organization.
- Works with Project Manager and line manager as necessary to ensure clear communication and stellar customer service with clients regarding the production and delivery of requests.
- Maintains the housing, organizing, archiving of all design related items, historical and current, including logos, icons, digital and print campaign elements, multimedia products, and style guides.
- Seeks out and participates in viable, efficient, and effective training to advance skill set and work performance as approved by manager.
- Supports other Marketing teams with related projects and tasks when able and approved by manager.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree or higher in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Digital Media, Multimedia, Video Production, or related field
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a related creative role
- Portfolio of effective marketing design or multimedia product samples in print and/or electronic media, and that show candidate’s ability to produce materials that are optimized for each medium and different target audiences
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe PowerPoint, and Google Slides
- Strong video and photo shooting, filming, and editing skills
- Novice to intermediate photography/videography directorial skills
- Intermediate to advanced HTML 5 skills
- Proficient in both MAC and Windows environments
- Adaptive design eye, and acute attention to detail
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges
- Exhibits sound decision making, prioritizes work appropriately, and requires minimal supervision
- Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills
- Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure
- Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- At least a year working in a nonprofit environment
- Experience working with WordPress templates
- Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Suite