Job title: Administrative Assistant
Entity: IRUSA Waqf
Location: Alexandria, VA
Working under the supervision of the Director, the candidate for this position must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith-inspired values and principles. The candidate must also show a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization, in addition to the essential duties and responsibilities displayed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries for Director.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls and responding to emails on behalf of the Director.
- Prepares expense reports and other types of reimbursements.
- Work with Finance on invoices and preparing monthly financial reports.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Serve as point of contact for internal and external inquiries for IRUSA Waqf.
- Manage Director’s communications with the Board and key stakeholders.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, catering and promotional materials as needed.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for the Director’s meetings.
- Organize events, seminars/webinars, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers/guests and controlling event budgets as assigned by the Director.
- Supports the Director with consistent, organized systematic follow up on projects and tasks.
- Coordinate with local/national fundraising teams on event planning and donor follow-up.
- Develop Donor Quarterly Report Presentations to update existing and potential donors on the latest Waqf accomplishments.
- Compose IRUSA Waqf quarterly reports for Board members, executive teams, and donors.
- Work with Marketing to design client presentations, website, e-mails, newsletters, slick sheets, brochures, social media, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- College Degree; experience as an administrative assistant or secretary is a plus
- Must have strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skill.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and work independently
- Preferred proficiency in MS Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of general office management systems and procedures
- Must be eligible to work in the United States