Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator Intern
Duration: Full-Time/ Flexible
Location: Alexandria, VA
Compensation: Unpaid Internship
Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA) is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator Intern for the Alexandria, VA office. This position is responsible for providing support to IRUSA Volunteer Management Office and volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator Intern assists the National Volunteer Coordinator with day-to-day activities, coordination, and engagement of volunteers for organizational needs. The candidate must show a commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Learn about behind the scenes work at a large nonprofit organization; interested in learning about marketing and communications within a nonprofit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements engagement opportunities and programs for volunteers
- Implements volunteer program and develops necessary changes.
- Attends regional chapter events on behalf of Volunteer Management Office.
- Surveys volunteer engagement and provides feedback to regional staff.
- Assists with managing volunteers for regional projects and events.
- Compiles and maintains volunteer records as well as online databases.
- Implementation of policies and procedures and instruct local staff on best practices.
- Educates volunteers of best practices and risk management.
- Assists in conducting training programs for volunteers.
- Maintains database, volunteer time records and applications.
- Implements volunteer recognition and appreciation events.
- Follows up with potential volunteer emails and phone calls.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience in the field of volunteering or volunteer management preferred.
- Basic knowledge of principles and practices of volunteer management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to empower others.
- Must possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, using strong time management skills that are complex in nature.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of customer relationship management software preferred.
- Able to use computers and program related software proficiently including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to use and understand social media for outreach purposes.
- Energetic, with the ability to multitask and strong attention to detail.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply you must send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject of your email.