LOCATION: Alexandria, VA
Conduct travel coordination of all travel for IRUSA staff, Board Directors, volunteers and guests, including all necessary hotel accommodations, flight arrangements and ground transportation. The candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating all the company’s travel needs.
- Serve as a general resource and point of contact for travel-related inquiries.
- Research, negotiate, and secure rate with local hotels.
- Act to ensure safe and efficient travel operations, in accordance with organizational policies and guidelines.
- Process necessary documentation and maintain records of travel arrangement.
- Coordinate arrangements for local transportation from and to airports and hotels.
- Reconcile all travel charges on corporate card and code charges to appropriate departments.
- Partial front desk admin duties required.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum associates degree preferred; from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience including travel software and certifications.
- Minimum: 2 years travel coordination experience, including clerical office work.
- Knowledge of relevant flight regulations and required travel documentation are a must.
- Knowledge of international travel documents (i.e. visas, state dept. alerts, etc)
- Excellent time management, organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be assertive and make judgment calls as well as be a problem solver.
- Client service oriented (both internal and external).
- Able to handle confidential material in a reliable manner.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations and confidential information.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Egenica/Expedia Business a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google’s Gsuite.
- Ability to be available on evenings and weekends for travel emergencies.
- Moving/lifting file boxes (up to 40 lbs.)
- Must be eligible to work in the US.