Job Title: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Buena Park, CA
Division Executive Management
The Regional Operations Manager oversees and manages the region’s structure, operational plan, budget, staff development, compliance, and relationships within the regional offices and partners. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Operations Manager will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This position will be responsible for enhancing IRUSA’s internal organization processes and infrastructure within the region. One of the primary duties of a Regional Operations Manager is to participate in short- and long-term strategic planning, departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for his/her region, including education management and ensuring quality and core competencies. The Regional Operations Manager will be responsible for working with managers from Headquarters (HQ) in developing the annual regional operational plan and budget. Additionally, the Regional Operations Manager will be responsible for oversight of all regional staff in their monthly reporting of the annual regional operational plan in order to ensure the region is moving to achieving its intended goals and objectives as set forth in the annual regional operational plan.
The Regional Operations Manager will participate in and provide leadership for IRUSA-wide initiatives that seek to enhance operational capabilities, services, and outcomes. The Regional Operations Manager oversees key cultural initiatives and ensures collaboration with all department leaders across IRUSA in their region. He/she will facilitate the development, communication, and evaluation of goals for IRUSA on an annual basis in their region.
In addition, the Regional Operations Manager will manage the following functions in their region:
- Acts as the Representative of the Headquarters at the Region.
- Collaborates with IRUSA Executives in Developing Annual Organizational Plans.
- Develops and executes the Regional Office Plan and Budget aligned with Organizational Plan and Budget.
- Evaluate SMART Objective and goals for staff within the region.
- Facilitates monitoring, evaluation and learning of the regional staff members in collaborations with the monitoring, evaluation and learning that are conducted by the HQ specialists.
- Assists in developing, and leads the implementation of the regional community fundraising, major gifts, personal solicitation and online fundraising strategies.
- Work with the CEO, President and Director of Fund Division to enlist the participation of fundraisers, board members and other volunteer leadership in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donor prospects.
- Oversees day-to-day operations including approving regional budget and expenditures, and keeping IRUSA’s Human Resources (HR) Department apprised of significant issues/events.
- Creates regional operational strategy, procedures and policies, as needed.
- Communicate regional strategy and policy to employees.
- Evaluates staffing needs in regards to recruitment, hiring and compensation.
- Drives the organization culture in the region.
- Manages the implementation of technology in the region.
- Works with IRUSA’s Information Technology (IT) team to manage budgeting and purchase of hardware and software licensing.
- Responsible for working to ensure compliance and taking proactive measures if any issues are presented. Ensures that business practice in the region meets the organization’s Standards of Conduct.
- Works with the legal team on creating and implementing the regional plan for legal compliance and monitoring.
- Responsible for organizing and co-sponsoring local events with advocacy groups, coalitions, and other organizations.
- Establishes and cultivates positive relations and partnerships with the local communities, civic groups, nonprofit organizations and the business community within the region.
- Oversees regional procurement process according to IRUSA policies and procedures.
- Guides and manages the Regional FD Manager(s) and Coordinator(s) to administer and manage FD events.
- Directs the Regional Volunteer Coordinator(s) to administer and manage how to best serve the organization, promote, recruit, deploy, conduct volunteer orientation, and recommend improvements to the Volunteer Department.
- Guide and manage the Regional Program Coordinator (s) to administer and manage domestic programs in the region, and recommend improvements to the Programs Department.
- Perform other duties when necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree with a strong knowledge of Islamic concepts of zakat, charity and relief efforts.
- MBA or Master Degree in related field, a plus
- Must have served in a management role for a minimum 5 years in a socially responsible organization, with progressive experience leading to at least three years of experience in operational administrative management.
- Must have skills that include project management, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Proven ability to develop and make presentations to multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Ability to motivate others and self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and serve as the guiding force in investing in people and systems.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA) is an independent and legally separate member of a global family of collaborating relief organizations that share a common vision, mission and family identity, connected through the use of the Islamic Relief name. IRUSA operates multiple regional offices in the United States. IRUSA has worked to educate, inform and raise awareness about our various relief and development projects for over 20 years. Additionally, IRUSA holds seminars, banquets, concerts and other public awareness programs across the country to help fund domestic and international projects