Job Title: National Events Planner
Status: Full – Time
Location: Buena Park, CA
Division: Fund Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, negotiate and manage national conferences and sponsorship.
- Manage national database on venues, events space and talents as define by the National Events and Project Manager.
- Plans, coordinates and makes logistical arrangements for business-related events, meetings and any associated activity functions.
- Inspects and critically evaluates meeting space, lodging and related venues and services for national tours and campaigns.
- Selects key suppliers, prepares budgets, obtains and assists manager in executing contracts in compliance with organization guidelines and process payments.
- Serves as an advisor in analyzing and recommending the most productive, cost-effective venues with consistently high standard of quality and service formats for meetings and events.
- Develops and maintains strong business relationships with resource and service providers, including: hotels, transportation companies, caterers, entertainment companies, audio/visual companies, etc.
- Evaluates and selects outside contractors and vendors who can provide quality products and services at the lowest possible prices, ensuring availability when needed.
- Evaluates vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery and service.
- Executes administrative tasks of the National Events and Project Management Department including but not limited to Payment Requests, Event projection Forms, etc.
- Works with Legal to execute legally approved contracts with vendors, sponsors, and venues.
- Work with Marketing Department, campaign department, legal, local Fund Division teams and serve as point of contact/liaison for all National Event Tours and Conventions.
- Generates reports to monitor and evaluate success of events and programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, networking and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in creating and managing multiple event budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and achieve objectives.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong people skills with the ability to motivate others and functions as a team player.
- Able to coordinate with and delegate to others.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Web research, Outlook.
- Strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, and be able to identify new opportunities.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.