Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA (IRUSA) is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to work in the Programs Department at IRUSA headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The M&E Officer will take the lead in implementing assigned monitoring and evaluation activities within IRUSA’s overall programs strategy. The M&E Officer will assist the programs team in the design, collection, and analysis of data from routine program monitoring as well as evaluate the impact of IRUSA-funded interventions. The M&E Officer will also assist in building the capacity of both IRUSA program staff and IR field staff in collecting and making use of their data. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the development and implementation of M&E strategy and plan for IRUSA-funded projects.
- Reviews the grant applications received from IR USA’s domestic and international partner organizations, particularly the project log frame indicators, and M&E sections, and provides feedback to the project review team.
- Helps Establish systems and standards for regular assessment, monitoring, and evaluation of the IR USA funded projects, both in the US and overseas against their objectives, and documents and disseminates the findings along with recommendations for improvement.
- Undertakes regular visits to the field to monitor and evaluate project processes and outcomes with appropriate documentation of the findings including the key achievements, challenges and recommendations.
- Supports IRUSA and field staff in designing and conducting project baselines and evaluations as well as reporting on findings from M&E activities.
- Supports the development of M&E tracking tools for IR USA seasonal programs and conducts periodic assessments in coordination with the program team and shares findings, lessons learned and recommendations, and follow-ups on recommendations.
- Participates in periodical review meetings with IR USA partners – both domestic and international.
- Reviews interim and final reports submitted by IR USA partners in the US and overseas with a particular focus on checking the quality and reliability of program data and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as research methods, statistics, economics, international development, etc.; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation, including design and implementation of project and program monitoring and evaluation plans.
- At least 2 years of training experience at an international NGO.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with proposal writing and donor reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality M&E reports and other program documents.
- Excellent social, interpersonal and intercultural skills and demonstrated ability to interact with culturally diverse staff and program participants.
- Ability to manage a variety of activities in a fast moving environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in developing countries.
- Fluent in English and one foreign language (preferably Arabic, Urdu and/or French).
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically (up to 40% travel).
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply you must send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject of your email.