Job Title: Mass Marketing Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
The Mass Marketing Specialist is responsible for the mass advertising and marketing efforts, which include research, development, implementation, and post-mortem auditing of multi-tier, multi-channel marketing and advertising campaigns/assets, such as (but not limited to) paid and earned print, radio, TV, digital, and online advertising; billboards; mobile advertising, including branded bus and vans; geo-targeted street/guerilla marketing and leafleting; convention experience, road shows, fairs/festivals, and public event marketing; sponsorships; promotional items; and more. The Mass Marketing Specialist is responsible for ensuring efficient use of related budgets, and maximizing ROI. The Mass Marketing Specialist seeks out innovative and leverages current resources to further amplify IRUSA’s brand(s); stimulate engagement with target audiences; inspire donations; and assists with training staff and volunteers on mass marketing. This candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s values, ethics, brand, vision, and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes, produces, proofs, writes, edits, and/or otherwise assists with advertising and mass marketing-related tasks and products, including (but not limited to) digital advertising; traditional advertising, including print, billboards, radio, and TV; branded vehicles; national sponsorships; SEO, SEM, and related optimizations; campaign/asset development and review; consideration and acquisition of new advertising and marketing opportunities; timely processing of invoices; data analysis of/for A&M efforts; and overall expansion of brand.
- Ensures the up-keep, use, and enforcement of related IRUSA A&M policies.
- Under the guise of the Sr. Marketing Manager, collaborates with other marketing team members to create a shared, actionable vision for marketing the organization, its campaigns, and its efforts.
- Develops easy, repeatable processes, workflows, and content templates that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
- Maintains and helps develop daily and annual budget (as approved by director), strategy, and solutions for mass marketing campaigns/efforts across various marketing and organizational channels, factoring in SEO and data, and working to acquire and retain audiences; increase interest in brand; inspire donations; and ensure optimal mass marketing appeal; achievement of financial, engagement, and efficiency goals; and alignment with organizational mission and vision, as well as campaign themes and brand(s); and collaborates with other stakeholders accordingly.
- Reviews and audits mass marketing campaign performance and/or engagement against industry benchmarks and best practices, as well as consumer feedback, and presents analysis and recommendations to management to inform forward-moving plans.
- Brainstorms, creates, and implements Salesforce reports in order to strategically disseminate mass marketing related assets; audit campaign performances and related revenue; and gain insights into current donor base, and marketing effectiveness; works with IT and other teams on this as necessary.
- Liaises with peers and groups in the advertising and marketing industries, in the nonprofit sphere, and in faith-based networks in order to evaluate and adopt best practices, and effect change within IRUSA’s mass marketing strategy
- Researches, proposes, and implements as appropriate innovative A&M technologies, techniques, training to advance work efficiency and impact.
- Develops relationships with prospective vendors, and strengthen bonds with current ones.
- Works with Project Manager and teams across the organization to ensure top-notch customer service via clear communication with clients regarding the production and delivery of requests.
- Works individually and/or collaborates with relevant stakeholders (including IR global family) to ensure synergy and accuracy across efforts, as well as adherence to brand, mission, vision, campaigns, style guides, subject-protection policy, redlines, etc., and enforces as appropriate.
- Maintains the housing, organizing, archiving of all A&M related items, historical and current, including digital and print ads, etc.
- Seeks out and participates in viable, efficient, and effective training to advance skill set and work performance as approved by manager.
- Help with the pre-, during-, and post promotions for various conferences, events, webinars, and marketing events.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Advertising, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- At least 2-5 years experience in a related role
- Examples of proven success in advertising and marketing
- Expertise in marketing and advertising principles and tactics, especially for fundraising and engagement channels
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent conversationalist
- Understanding of marketing design principles and related consumer psychology strategies
- Solid writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with an acute attention to detail
- Experience in responsive and optimized digital design for websites and digital ads
- Strong proficiency in Google Analytics, MOZ, Salesforce, and other insights tools
- Keen awareness of and ability to positively affect SEO, SEM
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges
- Solid track record of solutions-driven team leadership
- Exhibits sound decision making, prioritizes work appropriately, and requires minimal supervision
- Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills
- Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure
- Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- At least two years working in a nonprofit environment
- Prior advertising and marketing management experience
- Project management certification
- Expertise with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketing Cloud
- Proficiency in social media insights, including Facebook, Instagram, Sprout Social
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Spanish, Turkish
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom