Job title: Marketing Campaign Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
The Marketing Campaign Specialist is responsible for helping house, archive, organize, and produce and edit multi-channel text-based content that serves IRUSA’s marketing strategy. The Marketing Campaign Specialist works under the supervision of the Advertising and Marketing Manager, and works to ensure that content assets adhere to IRUSA’s aesthetic, brand, voice, and policy, and follow industry best practices. The Marketing Campaign Specialist uses her/his skills to creatively, efficiently, and effectively build and broadcast content as a storytelling tool and information dissemination vehicle to stimulate engagement with target audiences and inspire donations; contributes to multi-channel, multi-tier campaign development; and assists with training staff and volunteers on content development. This candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s values, ethics, brand, vision, and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the writer for marketing campaigns and the Marketing team.
• Conceptualizes, produces, proofs, edits and/or otherwise assists with content tasks and products, including (but not limited to) mass emails; publications and reports; direct mail pieces, as well as general print materials; scripts; ad copy; web content and social media posts; blogs; infographics; event marketing materials; talking points and corporate reports for internal use; and other mass correspondence from pre-production to editing to final products delivered on or before the due dates.
• Under the guise of the A&M Manager, collaborates with other marketing team members to create a shared, actionable vision for marketing the organization, its campaigns, and its efforts.
• Develops easy, repeatable processes, workflows, and content templates that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
• Works closely with the Communications team to devise a content strategy that aligns with the company’s wider goals, and that helps shape, implement, and enforce IRUSA content standards.
• Creates and maintains a content marketing calendar to ensure proper coordination, updating, and dissemination of marketing content throughout the year (this includes mass correspondence, blogs, etc.).
• Keeps up to date with industry best practices, and monitors content activities of peer websites.
• Strategically reconfigures and repurposes bulk content for different media and audiences, including social media and video.
• Collaborates with the Multimedia team to brainstorm and produce engaging and informative video content for the website (video experience a perk, but not required).
• Works with the Engagement team to create content for different social media channels, influencer campaigns, and peer-to-peer efforts.
• Coordinates with other team members to ensure proper campaigns are featured/promoted across homepage, and that corresponding landing pages are kept up-to-date.
• Collaborates with relevant stakeholders/teams to brainstorm, produce, implement, and/or audit/analyze marketing campaigns and their relevant elements to ensure synergy and cohesion of products, for alignment with donor journeys and key topics, and to make sure that products reflect client’s and/or corporate culture and goals.
• Works with Marketing Manager to ensure adherence to brand, mission, vision, campaign themes, subject-protection policy, redlines, accuracy, etc. as applicable to content-related work throughout organization.
• Works with Digital Marketing Specialist, manager, and others to ensure content is data-driven, integrates keywords, and is optimized for SEO.
• Works with Marketing Coordinator and manager as necessary to ensure clear communication and stellar customer service with clients regarding the production and delivery of requests.
• Works independently or with a crew for select domestic and/or international field visits (including travel, prep work, scheduling, coordination with stakeholders, etc.) to capture content for marketing use.
• Helps maintain and create content for blog in collaboration with Communications team, while creating partnerships with guest bloggers; participates in the management of the blog platform, scheduling, editing, content-creation, content-solicitation, and promotion.
• Seeks out, shares, and implements recommendations for marketing, communications, and other content-related resources, products, best-practices, trends, etc. as approved.
• Maintains the housing, organizing, archiving of all marketing content related items, historical and current.
• Seeks out and participates in viable, efficient, and effective training to advance skill set and work performance as approved by manager.
• Help with the pre-, during-, and post promotions for various conferences, events, webinars, and marketing events.
• Performs other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Content Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
• At least 2-5 years of experience in related fields
• Portfolio of effective marketing-based writing samples
• Familiarity with AP Style
• Solid awareness of editorial principles and techniques of communicating information, especially for marketing and fundraising channels
• Impeccable writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Keen awareness of and ability to positively affect SEO
• Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges; ability to navigate various viewpoints to develop consensus
• Exhibits sound decision making, prioritizes work appropriately and requires minimal supervision.
• Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills.
• Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure
• Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary
• Fluency in English
• Comfort level and experience with working across all aspects of communications as well as liaising with multiple organizational leaders/departments; and in developing and presenting concepts, reports and updates to leadership
• Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• At least a year working in a nonprofit environment
• Proficiency with storyboarding for video-based campaigns, along with videography and/or video editing
• Experience with WordPress
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel
• Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom