Title: IT Support
Status: Internship (6-8 Weeks)
Division: Information Technology
Location: Alexandria, VA
The IT Support Intern will work alongside an IT Support specialist performing first-level end-user technical support and administration for PC hardware and software and telecommunications equipment. The internship also includes configuring and installing desktop PCs, resolving hardware/software issues, troubleshooting connectivity issues, and ensuring user satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond as assigned to user requests for problem resolution related to hardware, software, printing,
- telecommunication systems, and other related equipment and applications.
- Build, repair, upgrade, and maintain PCs, including installation of various software and peripherals.
- Inventory equipment in storage and recommend action: repurpose, sell, or dispose.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science/Information Technology college degree program. Relevant equivalent
- experience preferred.
- General knowledge of electronics, PC architecture, PC operating systems, Microsoft Office, Wireless Mobile
- Devices and associated applications, telephones, networking and email systems.
- Knowledge of PC hardware.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task is essential.
- Prior customer service experience is desirable.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.