Job Title: International Programs Manager
Location: Alexandria, VA
The position is responsible for providing managerial and programmatic oversight to IRUSA’s international programs that serve the extremely poor and vulnerable communities around the globe. The management of programs includes research, outreach efforts, development, planning and execution of programs overseas that are connected to the IRW partners and non-profit organizations. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the development, design and administration of international programs – both for sustainable development and emergency response & preparedness.
- Manages the full cycle grant process for International Programs including due diligence of applicant organizations, review of project budgets, and creates project summaries for review committee and provides documents to IR USA’s executive management and Board of Directors for review and approval.
- Ensures regular monitoring and evaluation of existing programs for efficiencies and anticipated outcomes, and takes actions for improvements.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to grantees to improve projects and/or intended outcomes.
- Markets IRUSA programs to external audiences and stakeholders and contributes in developing external partnerships that help grow and enhance IR USA program outreach and impact.
- Ensures that systems are in place for grant quality control and due diligence requirements including compliance with IRUSA’s policies, development and relief best practices etc.
- Supervises and manages the performance of international programs staff who assist in the planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation of programs.
- Ensures that program reports are received on time, reviewed and feedback is provided to implementing partners on a regular basis.
- Develops and disseminates monthly status updates on the active and planned programs to IRUSA management for informed decision making.
- Ensures that formal project close outs are conducted including follow up skype/telephonic sessions and documentation and dissemination of good model practices and lessons learned.
- Coordinates with IRW and IR Country Offices for proposal development and grant writing activities, including research for programs/proposals, coordination of technical support and inputs for major proposal development, design and planning efforts.
- Leads the development of annual budgets and operational plans for international programs department and is responsible for achieving the agreed targets and deliverables.
- Provides support to senior management, internal audits, interdepartmental and external information requests.
- Oversees the annual organizational report and drafting/presentation of the Programs Memo.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, sociology or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in program management, social services or related field; candidates with experience of work and living in poor and developing countries to be preferred.
- Prior experience in program management, monitoring and evaluation, and in full proposal development process for a foundation, non-profit and/or government donor.
- Strong project management experience with proven proficiency in overseeing and handling the prioritization of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal/oral communications skills, with the ability to communicate skillfully with external field offices/grantees/ the general public; must possess effective written communications skills.
- Must exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to exhibit cultural competence and sensitivity to work with a wide array of ethnicities.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of databases along with internet research techniques.
- Ability to travel internationally to for field visits, M&E and participation in events, meetings or activities.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of process improvement to assess for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prior grants management and implementation experience.
To apply you must send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject of your email.