Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Status: Full-time (Temporary)
Location: Alexandria, VA
The position is primarily responsible for maintaining HR administrative functions in the area of HR system maintenance and updating, time and attendance assistance, and recruitment assistance. The HR Coordinator’s job entails providing support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of Human Resources department. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in assisting the employee recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, training, retention and off-boarding efforts.
- Coordinates new hire orientation by ensuring proper paperwork is completed and working closely with the hiring manager and other stakeholders.
- Forwards incoming candidate resumes to appropriate managers.
- Supports the hiring managers with reference checking and background procedures.
- Maintains the filing system and HR documents as required.
- Assists the HR Manager with the organization’s bi-weekly payroll processes.
- Performs and documents studies, and creates incentive programs to reward top-performing employees, to help with employee retention and morale.
- Supports the HR Manager to include preparation of charts, presentations, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Compiles data and reports required in the Human Resources Department.
- Processes vendor invoices and employee reimbursements.
- Assists managers in posting internal and external position openings, as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support to HR Manager and performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in human resources, in a coordinator type of role.
- Non-profit environment helpful.
- Good-to-excellent organizational skills with abilities in project management in order to facilitate and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal/oral communications skills, with the ability to communicate skillfully with internal staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to work with multiple work styles and personalities in a team-based approach.
- Technical proficiency in use of vendor payroll systems and HRIS.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office with intermediary to advance Excel skills and use of databases to generate reports, as necessary.
- Must exhibit a strong customer focus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
** The duration for this position will be six (6) months