Job Title: Gifts-In-Kind (GIK) Coordinator
Location: Alexandria, VA
IRUSA’s Gift- in-Kind Program responds to humanitarian emergencies in the US and around the world. It also provides a range of in-kind donations to meet the needs of disadvantaged communities in poor countries facing shortages on medicine, hygiene supplies, education supplies, and clothing. The Gifts-in-Kind Coordinator will provide critical support in implementing all aspects of IRUSA Gift-in-Kind Program including cultivation and strengthening of partnerships, review and processing of GIK project proposals/appeals, adequate documentation and follow up with the shipping companies for timely delivery of GIK Donation. The Gifts-in-Kind Coordinator will work as a member of the GIK / program Department to foster Good communication and best practices. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure appropriate follow up with IRUSA partners and GIK donors via acknowledgment letters, phone calls, gift policies, adherence to donor bill of rights, and sharing accurate information of how gifts are being used to benefit individuals, families, and the community as a whole.
- Maintain a detailed inventory of GIK items as well as an accurate database reference for GIK valuations.
- In coordination with GIK Manager, conduct valuation of pharmaceuticals, medical equipment/instruments, nutritional supplement and disposables using the latest product database and Quick Books.
- Maintain the GIK Tracking system by regularly updating the status of GIK shipments and provide monthly updates.
- Respond to the information requests from Marketing Team and contribute to the development of communication tools (website, newsletter, annual report, direct mail and acknowledgment letters) by providing information on IRUSA GIK program and its impact; of their donations.
- Develop and maintain a database of GIK partners, donors, suppliers and vendors.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies for ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of GIK program.
- Research listings of manufacturers, distributors and vendors of relevant products for potential donation.
- In coordination with GIK Manager, attend networking events/meetings to learn more about GIK partners, relevant companies, individuals and faith groups, market IRUSA GIK program and explore new partnership opportunities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least 3 years of experience working in GIK, or supply chain logistics, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Familiar with gift-in-kind relief and development industry standards.
- Knowledge of supply chain logistics and familiarity with customs regulations.
- Proven experience developing and managing a budget.
- Experience in shipping/receiving and inventory management a plus.
- Previous experience working in the developing world a plus.
- Sensitive to cultural differences; flexible and diplomatic in interpersonal relations.
- Ability to identify, evaluate problems and recommend solutions.
- Proven self-starter and quick learner with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English required and proficiency in one foreign language
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically (up to 25% travel)
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office programs and conducting online research.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply you must send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject of your email.