Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Location: Alexandria, VA
Islamic Relief USA is seeking an Executive Assistant to serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and Senior Management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects on behalf of the CEO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment that is mission-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles meeting management with Executives and as designated by the CEO, including organizing activities, events, or conferences, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and visitors and controlling event budgets as assigned by the CEO.
- Supports the CEO with consistent, organized systematic follow up on projects and tasks assigned to CEO and the Executive team and senior management.
- Manages the CEO’s calendar and coordinates a variety of executive meetings with staff, donors, consultants, guests and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including transportation, meetings and lodging in coordination with other Board of Director representatives, CEO or other administrative assistants & members of the Executive team.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondences, and responds as appropriate.
- Prepares variety of high quality presentations, research and talking points for the CEO.
- Ensures the preparedness of the CEO for all meetings and/or events.
- Organizes and assists with events, including guest visits, large and small employee events and trainings.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, catering and promotional materials as needed.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes and resolutions for the CEO office and Board of Director’s meetings.
- Maintains these records in coordination with the Board Secretary and the Legal Department.
- Responds to routine external correspondences.
- Creates and maintains databases, spreadsheets and other necessary files for the CEO’s office.
- Prepares the CEO’s expense reports and other types of reimbursements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5+ years Executive Administrative Assistant experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Graduate degree such as MBA or JD a plus.
- The ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Travel management & logistics – international and domestic experience a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Proactive and assertive approach to managing tasks and responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint as well as Google products and other online business software.
- Ability to solve problems and think quickly under pressure
- Knows how to work effectively as a team player, in a collaborative environment, must work well with peers and members of the greater organization
- Previous experience working in a deadline driven environment
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to work over time when needed.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in a second language preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.