Job title: Engagement Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
The Engagement Specialist, Events, is responsible for helping with the research, development, implementation, and post-mortem auditing of multi-tier, multi-channel engagement campaigns/assets, with special focus on (but not limited to) events-based peer-to-peer/crowdfunding fundraising and team challenges, geo-targeted community/guerilla marketing and leafleting; mobile giving; convention experience, and more. The Engagement Specialist works under the supervision of the Engagement Manager, and performs to ensure that engagement efforts adhere to IRUSA’s aesthetic, brand, voice, and policy, and follow industry best practices. The Engagement Specialist uses her/his skills to creatively, efficiently, and effectively amplify IRUSA’s brand(s); stimulate engagement with target audiences; inspire donations; and achieve organizational objectives; and works to propel overall engagement efforts toward success. This candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s values, ethics, brand, vision, and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes, produces, proofs, edits and/or otherwise assists with engagement products, including (but not limited to) third-party peer-to-peer portals and other web assets; adventure team challenge materials; micro-financing campaigns; youth group engagement, like MIST, Charity Week; sponsorships; mobile giving campaigns; convention engagement experiences; consideration and acquisition of new Engagement opportunities; and data analysis of/for Engagement efforts from pre-production to editing to final products delivered on or before due dates.
- Oversees all aspects of local and international engagement-inspired event planning, coordination, and marketing, for both physical and virtual events, seeking Engagement Manager approvals throughout the process.
- Under the direction of the Engagement Manager, participates in the development of strategies and solutions for event marketing and engagement campaigns that are data-driven and work to amplify SEO, and that are optimized for diverse platforms (ex. desktop, tablet, phone).
- Actively researches, proposes, develops, and implements schedules, locations, and routes for local crowdfunding events and international adventure team challenges, consulting with Engagement Manager for approvals throughout the process.
- Strategically leverages given budget to achieve highest-possible ROI for engagement-inspired events and related campaigns, and proposes adjustments to Engagement Manager for approval.
- Works with Engagement Manager and other stakeholders to ensure that all sponsorship-related obligations and requisites are met.
- Maintains the housing, organizing, inventorying, and archiving of all engagement-related items, historical and current, and provides regular updates on these elements to Engagement Manager.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders/teams to brainstorm, produce, implement, and/or audit/analyze overarching campaigns to ensure strategic data infusion, synergy with engagement campaigns, and cohesion of products, and to make sure that products reflect client’s and/or corporate culture and goals.
- Works with Engagement Manager to ensure adherence to brand, mission, vision, campaign themes, subject-protection policy, redlines, accuracy, etc. as applicable throughout organization.
- Provides administrative and clerical support that may include paperwork, data entry, expense statements, vendor invoicing, and more.
- Works with Communication Coordinator and manager as necessary to ensure clear communication and stellar customer service with clients regarding the production and delivery of requests.
- Seeks out and participates in viable, efficient, and effective training to advance skill set and work performance as approved by manager.
- Researches, proposes, and implements as appropriate innovative engagement technologies and techniques to advance work efficiency and impact.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Event Planning, Hospitality, or a related field
- 1-2 years work experience in a related role
- Proven successes in crowdfunding, peer-to-peer fundraising, and youth engagement
- Expertise and proven successes with event planning, coordination, and management skills, especially with regard to event marketing, budget and ROI, vendor and venue relationships, day of logistics and implementation, volunteer relationships, invoicing and payments, problem anticipation and solving, and task delegation
- Proficiency in marketing and advertising principles and tactics, especially for fundraising and engagement channels
- Expertise in the use, management, and promotion of crowdfunding platforms, like Classy and Launchgood
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent conversationalist and comfortable with public speaking
- Willingness and ability to participate in physically-challenging events
- Understanding of marketing principles and related consumer psychology strategies
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges
- Exhibits sound decision making, prioritizes work appropriately, and requires minimal supervision
- Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills
- Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure
- Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary
- Outgoing, energetic, and self-motivated
- Fluency in English
- Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- At least one year working in a nonprofit environment
- Prior community engagement, volunteer, event, or social media management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Spanish, Turkish
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom
- Experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce