Job title: Digital Marketing Strategist
Location: Alexandria, VA
The Digital Marketing Strategist focuses primarily on digital advertising and marketing, SEO/SEM, and conducting data analysis that inspires the development of solutions to meet advertising and marketing, as well as the organization’s objectives. The Digital Marketing Strategist works under the supervision of the Advertising and Marketing Manager, and performs to ensure that all related work adheres to IRUSA’s aesthetic, brand, voice, and policy, and follow industry best practices. The Digital Marketing Strategist uses her/his skills to creatively, efficiently, and effectively amplify IRUSA’s brand(s); stimulate engagement with target audiences; inspire donations; and achieve organizational objectives; and works to propel overall A&M efforts toward success. This candidate must show commitment to IRUSA’s values, ethics, brand, vision, and mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researches, analyzes, proposes, develops, and implements innovative strategies, solutions, A/B tests, schedules, and campaigns for optimized digital marketing campaigns (including paid search, remarketing/retargeting campaigns, social media advertising, look-alike audience building, Google Grants-based ads, SEO/SEM, link building, and more) and podcast that are data-driven; work to amplify IRUSA’s brand and expand its audiences; inspire donations; and leverage best practices from digital and marketing industries, consulting with A&M Manager for approvals throughout the process and providing audits for ROI and performance.
• Using data from web analytics, Marketing Cloud, social media insights, Salesforce, and more, produces user-friendly and relevant reports and recommendations, and provides to A&M Manager and stakeholders for consideration during brainstorming, development, occurring, and post-mortem phases of various A&M campaigns, with an objective of helping propel campaigns toward achieving their KPIs. The reports should cover all relevant A&M channels for a particular campaign, including offline products and multi-channel event marketing.
• Reviews A&M multi-tier, multi-channel efforts regularly to ensure uninterrupted optimal performance and cost efficiency, and provides relevant reports to management on a weekly basis.
• Strategically leverages given budget to achieve highest-possible ROI for digital marketing campaigns, and proposes adjustments to A&M Manager for approval.
• Manages relationships with digital marketing vendors, and consults with A&M Manager as necessary for approvals.
• Works with A&M Manager and other stakeholders to ensure that all sponsorship-related obligations and requisites are met with regard to podcast and digital marketing.
• Supports Engagement Team with social media-related work and analysis, and serves as a sounding-board and guide to ensure optimal results.
• Collaborates with relevant stakeholders/teams to brainstorm, produce, implement, and/or audit/analyze overarching campaigns to ensure strategic data infusion, synergy with digital marketing campaigns and podcast, and cohesion of products, and to make sure that products reflect client’s and/or corporate culture and goals.
• Works with A&M Manager to ensure adherence to brand, mission, vision, campaign themes, subject-protection policy, redlines, accuracy, etc. as applicable throughout organization.
• Provides administrative and clerical support that may include paperwork, data entry, expense statements, vendor invoicing, and more.
• Works with Communication Coordinator and manager as necessary to ensure clear communication and stellar customer service with clients regarding the production and delivery of requests.
• Seeks out and participates in viable, efficient, and effective training to advance skill set and work performance as approved by manager.
• Researches, proposes, and implements as appropriate innovative A&M technologies and techniques to advance work efficiency and impact.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Associate or Bachelor Degree or higher in Digital Marketing Analytics, Data Science, Communications, or related field
• 1-2 years work experience in a related role
• Proven successes with data reading and strategy implementation
• Proven successes with content growth and SEO
• Passion for data-driven testing and campaign creation
• Expertise in web analytics, MOZ, social media insights, Salesforce, and other insights tools
• Strong proficiency in using web-based resources to investigate and vet products, trends, influencers, speakers, etc.
• Proficiency in marketing and advertising principles and tactics, especially for fundraising and online marketing
• Understanding of marketing design principles and related consumer psychology strategies
• Keen awareness of and ability to positively affect SEO, SEM
• Proficient in both MAC and Windows environments
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong interviewing, public speaking, and presenting skills
• Comfort level and experience with working across all aspects of communications as well as liaising with multiple organizational leaders/departments; and in developing and presenting concepts, reports and updates to leadership
• Acute attention to detail
• Effective communication and problem-solving skills and ability to manage day-to-day work challenges
• Exhibits sound decision making, prioritizes work appropriately, and requires minimal supervision
• Outstanding project-, process-, time-management, and organization skills
• Ability to work well with diverse work styles and personalities in a team-based approach
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work setting with diplomacy and composure
• Ability to take instruction, guidance, and constructive criticism well, and implement as necessary
• Outgoing, energetic, and self-motivated
• Fluency in English
• Flexibility in work schedule (i.e. evenings and weekends as necessary) and willing to travel
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• At least a year of work in a nonprofit environment
• Expertise in Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets and Google Data Studio
• Proficiency in Adobe Animate
• Proficiency in written Arabic, Urdu, Farsi
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google Suite
• Proficiency in WordPress and CSS/HTML-based work
• Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe PowerPoint