Job Title: Corporate Gift Manager
Division: Fund Development
Location: All IRUSA Offices
This position is responsible for researching, cultivating and developing relationships with US based corporations and other private-sector organizations, and to increase the matching gifts revenue to create greater fundraising and outreach opportunities among new and existing corporations, foundations, and organizations. This individual will identify and strategically cultivate and manage a portfolio of prospects and identified donors, and help achieve corporate revenue targets under the organization’s strategic plan. This individual will work to recognize and engage corporations through strategy development, coordination with senior staff, strategic collaboration with volunteers and oversight of corporate prospect research and management. The candidate must show the commitment to IRUSA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements strategies for the identification of new donors (corporations, foundations & organizations), and for the cultivation and stewardship of current donors through appropriate personalized outreach initiatives.
- Manages relationships with a portfolio of major donors (corporations, foundations & organizations).
- Implements fundraising strategies designed for individual donors (corporations, foundations & organizations).
- Develops and manages the corporate gifts annual operational and revenue plans in conjunction with IRUSA’s annual budget.
- Coordinates and liaises with other Fund Development team members and executive management regarding relationship building and donor cultivation events, including briefings, private and public presentations, and special events to provide a source of targeted funding.
- Contacts and meets with prospective donors (corporations, foundations & organizations) through personal visits, spending approximately 75% of time meeting with active and prospective donors and attending events outside the office.
- Writes and/or edits proposals, reports, acknowledgements, briefings, and letters to donors and prospects, pledge reminder letters and other documents.
- Maintains and provides accurate records of all donor-related activities.
- Manages the day-to-day initiatives of the Corporate and Foundation Giving program.
- Manages all sponsorship activities for all fundraising and marketing events including the preparation of donor-centered solicitation materials by asking for and securing donations and financial support from corporations and organizations.
- Works closely with executive management and fund development staff to ensure that major corporate donors are acknowledged in a personal and time-sensitive manner.
- Develops proposals, sponsorship/donation packages and manages the sponsor/donor solicitation process.
- Researches, plans, implements and evaluates concept ideas and fundraising proposals for corporate donors and prospects.
- Cultivates and manages corporate relationships to provide both restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Works closely with internal IRUSA departments to identify and develop funding proposals, budgets and reports.
- Stays current with important developments in the corporate sector through various media, the Internet and sector publications.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 5-7 years successful experience working in an environment requiring skills in negotiation and marketing, or fundraising, along with a high level of direct donor communication.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, (CFRE–Certified Fundraising Executive Certificate–preferred)
- Strong ability to communicate (written and orally) persuasively and strategically, and with tact, diplomacy and/or authority as necessary.
- Ability to lead face-to-face meetings and the confidence to solicit funding using effective and appropriate language.
- Proven ability to understand complex information and convey it concisely and confidently to varied audiences.
- Successful experience in writing effective proposals, executive summaries, and reports and updates for fundraising purposes.
- Current Portfolio of Individual and Corporate Donors.
- Demonstrable experience in building strong relationships at a senior level with donors and potential supporters.
- Prior successful track record of meeting revenue targets through prospecting new and upgrading existing accounts.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to contribute to team environment.
- Confident and proficient user of MS Office.
- Must be able to accommodate a somewhat flexible schedule with willingness to work some weekends and evenings.
- Strong ability to communicate (written and orally) persuasively and strategically, and with tact and diplomacy.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply you must send your resume to email@example.com and include the position title in the subject of your email.